Thursday, October 28, 2010

How do I make my hair grow?

I'm African American and I have shoulder length hair. I have put different color highlights in my hair that have made my hair break off (colors: red one time and golden twice). i get relaxers when I need them and I wrap my hair at nights when it isn't styled. Well, anyways, I'm just wondering how I could get my hair to grow back long and healthy how it used to be before all my colors.How do I make my hair grow?
just grab hand full by hand full and pull itHow do I make my hair grow?
For growing it you will have to be patient. It grows a half ann inch each month. For healthy hair go here: http://www.hairstylescut.com/healthy-hai

http://www.howtodothings.com/fashion-and

Also I use leave in conditioner and moisturizing shampoo and conditioner by garnier too keep my hair soft. Olive oil hair mask may also be a good thing.
They have over-the-counter drugs at Walmart or CVS or Stop and Shop etc. that are called ';Hair and Nails'; or something similar to that which makes your hair grow faster and stronger which will make the highlighted area grow out. Also, people say that prenatal vitamins make your hair grow faster too, and don't have any other weird side effects.



Good Luck!!!



(i used the hair and nails one and it definitely worked well!!)
I think your hair started to break off because you double processed your hair. It's better if you only have 1 chemical in it- either a relaxer or a dye job. You have to be devoted to taking care of black hair whether it be natural or relaxed.



I've never tried Cantu oil products before though. For me( I texlax/ relax my hair)- I deep condition my hair once a week with either a moisturizing mix or a protein mix. With a moisturizing mix I use Lekair cholestrol mixed with extra virgin olive oil, honey and any moisturizing conditioner that I want- like VO5, Sauve, or Aussie. The next week I'll deep condition my hair with a DC that has protein in it- I always use Aphogee 2 minute reconstuctor. Since you have relaxed hair then you need to put protein back into it because the relaxer works by breaking down the protein in the hair to make it straight.



There's no such thing as ';White'; hair care products. Half of the stuff put into the hair products aimed for black hair is full of cruddy ingredients like mineral oil and petroleum, which block the hair pores that need to be clean and open in order for our hair to grow.



When you relax your hair I'd suggest a method call stretching your relaxers out. Basically instead of relaxing every 6 weeks, you'd wait 7weeks the first time, then increase it one week every time. As of right now I'm on week 13 of a 20 week stretch. Stretching will help you not double process your hair that's already relaxed because you'll have more new growth.



Make sure you keep your hair moisturized also because black hair tends to be dry. I use Elasta QP mango butter- great moisturizer and seal with castor oil. Sealing with an oil like extra virgin olive oil or castor oil will help seal the moisture into your hair. Hair grease is not a moisturizer no matter what they put on the jar. Oil doesn't moisturize it seals- so the grease is actually keeping moisture from penetrating your hair.



Protective styling and low manipulation styles will also help you a lot. Most of time it's not that black women have a problem growing hair, but it's the retention that we have problems with. Our hair grows because if it didn't then relaxed heads wouldn't get touch ups. Wearing your hair out every day can be bad because your ends- which is the weakest and oldest part of your hair- are rubbing up against your cloths and are exposed which will lead to breakage. I would always get to shoulder length- never get any longer- and see all these little broken hairs on my shoulders.



Putting your hair up in a protective style like in a clip or in a bun will help retain length. Low manipulation styles include braid outs, twist out, bantu knot outs, ect. The links in the source box are two free hair care forums for black hair. All you need to do is sign up with your email and that's it. Traycee from Keep it simple sister has relaxed waist length hair. I've been taking care of my hair properly for about 1 and half years now and I'm almost to arm pit length by following her hair care regimen.
  • backgrounds for myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment