Thursday, October 28, 2010

How long should I wait to wash my hair after dying it?

I went to the salon earlier,

and went from dark blonde, to a medium brown color.

I'm really wanting to wash it. It smells like nasty product.

When should I wash it?How long should I wait to wash my hair after dying it?
...at at least 24 hours...not because it ill wash out or anything(like when you get a perm)



...but it is not good for it because the dying process is so harsh on it...it is good to let some natural oils accumulate again to help to repair it a bit!!!How long should I wait to wash my hair after dying it?
you can wash it now, but it might wash a little color out. i would personally wait until the next day.
depends on how long you want it to last. if your really want the color not to fade, wash it only once or twice a week (i know it's nasty, but that's the only way). if your having trouble getting by without washing it, try dry shampoo. also, rinse with cold water.
I know that feeling! Basic advise would be to leave it for 48 hours if you can (I always have my hair dyed on a Friday for this reason) however I'm going to wash mine tomorrow as I want it to tone down (its red)! Try to leave it as long as you can go so that the colour can settle in. Hope this helps :-)
I wait at least 24 hours when I color mine, because the longer you wait, the more it'll sink in, I believe. I'm no expert, but my sister is a hair-dresser, and she says if you get it done professionally you can wait as long as you want to, if you don't, and color at home, give it 36.
The salon(stylist) should have advised you on that without you even having to ask! Call them up, ask for your stylist or the manager, and ask them the question. As no one else will know what kind of chemical dying process, products, etc., that they specifically used. I know nothing about that sort of thing, except that it is all based on Chemistry, which involves technical chemical equations and is very challenging to learn and master. Is you don't like the color, and cannot stand the effects, go ahead and wash it now %26amp; give it a good deep conditioning. (Then, ask the salon for your money back, but good luck on that front, especially if you tipped the stylist - of course you pretty much HAVE to do that!) If you do like it, and do not want to or can't contact the salon, usually 24-48 hours is recommended before washing after a treatment. You'll probably get accustomed to the smell after a day, but you'll definitely want to use a pillow protector, or you pillow will smell like that FOREVER! Good Luck! %26amp; Hope the smell doesn't drive anyone else away, unless you want it to! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment