Thursday, October 21, 2010

How much should i pay my cousin to do my hair for prom?

She is still in cosmetology school and asked me if she could do my hair. I have to buy the bobby pins and hair spray but she will be driving 30 minutes to my house to do it. I know she expects me to give her money but i don't know how much! please help!How much should i pay my cousin to do my hair for prom?
If she wants to practice on you than you shouldnt pay her anything. shes family and your already buying the hair products.How much should i pay my cousin to do my hair for prom?
Have you seen any of her work? Is she any good? You are taking a chance if the answer to either of these questions is no! Your prom is a very special event in your life and the life of your date! To have someone, even a family member ';practicing'; on your hairdo for this occasion is questionable. Is she going to do this a couple days prior to the event, ';just in case'; it turns out badly and you need a repair job from your regular hair stylist? Do you know your regular stylist well enough that you can get an ';emergency'; appointment if your cousin's hair styling doesn't turn out well? In reality the ';cost'; should have been discussed when she called. (If she's not yet licensed, she likely can't collect a fee anyway.) If you go along with this and everything turns out fine, you could just either invite her back down where you live or go to her hometown and treat her to a night out (dinner and entertainment), as ';payment'; for the hairstyling. When family is involved, there can always be problems if something turns out badly, so be prepared with an emergency contingent plan. You may even tell her that you have a ';back-up'; plan just in case it turns out badly. This may relieve the pressure she may feel, as I'm sure she's aware of the importance of a prom celebration. Every hair stylist whether they've been doing hair for ten weeks or ten years has had something that just didn't turn out right! Just make contact with her ahead of the day so she knows exactly what you want in a style. If you allow her to surprise you, you may just be surprised! Good luck with the hairdo and enjoy the prom!
Sounds like a sticky situation to me. I would tell her that I am going to have the person who does my hair regularly do it for the prom because I feel I owe her.
If she asked you if she could do your hair you shouldn't have to pay her at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment