Sunday, December 11, 2011

How did you figure out this?

Okay so im having a lot of trouble figuring out who i am.. i feel like if i choose to do something that i love other people will judge me or if one of my role models doesnt do it too then its just not cool. For instance i love piano and always have. I am a natural at playing and started playing when i was about 5. But i quit because i was embarrassed for some reason and now i cant play very good anymore. Basically im missing out on life but i dont know how i can become more confident when i always want to be someone else. I love music and was in band for 4 years but quit when i got to highschool because i was embarrassed and didnt want to be called a band geek. I love guitar and piano but feel like its too late for me to start now and i wont ever be any good. I dont dress or wear my hair how i want because im scared people wont like it. I dress like your typical hollister girl in highschool and hate it! I dont feel comfortable or confident. I would rather dress with more personality and wear cute jumpers and tights to school but i know people would make fun of me so much. I also have bipolar so im extremely moody from week to week. Basically i just need your help and advice. I will appreciate it so much!How did you figure out this?
Sweetheart this is a problem with your self esteem. Somehow you didn't learn to like and love yourself. When you love and like yourself you don't have the doubts that you are having. There are things that you can do on your own that will help you. Make a list of all of your good qualities there are more than you think. Keep the list and read it every morning knowing in your heart and mind that you are reading about how special you are. Make a habit of looking in the mirror and telling yourself ';I like and I love you, you are special'. Continue you this until you feel that it is true. If this doesn't help why don't you talk to your school counselor about this they are professionals and are trained to help you. You are special and you are important and nobody is better than you!How did you figure out this?
It is pretty typical that teens and even young 20 somethigns do not know themselves. It's a time of figuring out who you are.... it just comes slowly with age.....

No comments:

Post a Comment